From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:27:30 -0500
Thanks for the update, and if you note, I called those good folks out as one of the two bright spots of what(ever) is going on.  But their efforst certainly are not visible in this far corner of Virginia.  I tried to use their initiative of the "1607 society" as a good example of capitalizing upon something catchy and meaningful to get attention.  In addition, perhaps they could take a page out of the old WW II Joke:

Q: "How many men are in a US Marine Corps Rifle Squad?"
A: "Ten.  Four riflemen, one machine gunner, three reporters and two cameramen."

i.e. P U B L I C I T Y      A K A       M A R K E T I N G  :))

They should be trumpeting far and wide (not just on a web site) how great they are, and why the upcoming celebration of Jamestowne 2007 -- AND Yorktown's 225th celebration toward the end of this year -- are so meaningful.  Nobody is going to do it for them.

My overall point is that when the commemoration is all over, are we going to look back on it as 'another'  Lewis and Clark non-event in Virginia?  I sure hope not.

Randy Cabell
Boyce Virginia