From:
Paul Finkelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:28:43 -0600
one might argue that General Sherman is best remembered for liberating
about 2,000,000 people from slavery and breaking the back of the
Confederacy's ability to continue the war, thus insuring the liberation
of another 2,000,000 or so slaves, an insuring that the United States
remained one nation, indivisible with liberty and freedom for all.  Not
a bad record!

Paul Finkelman