Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2016 06:37:03 -0400
Hello Everyone,

It is possible that there has been mention of this here, but if so I missed it and please accept my apologies for repetition.  This is unbelievably exciting for me as I have Bentleys, Egglestons, Weldons (possibly), Cloughs and others for whom Charles City is a genealogy black hole before they moved to Amelia County.

This article appeared in the Richmond Times Dispatch yesterday:

"Charles City records taken by Union soldiers during Civil War are now returned"

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/central-virginia/charles-city/article_146d2991-c9aa-506a-9d50-8cc8ff8eb69c.html

I would appreciate any comments from LVA folks, or a reference (date) to mention in a past email.

Thank you,

Janet Baugh Hunter