From:
"Jordan, Ervin L (elj7t)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2023 16:28:10 +0000
Good morning and congratulations, Dr. Leveen, for your fine article. I too, briefly discussed the Hoeflick case in my study Black Confederates and Afro-Yankees in Civil War Virginia (Charlottesville and London: University Press of Virginia, 1995), pp.175-176.

All good wishes,

Prof. Ervin L. Jordan Jr. (Associate Professor)

Research Archivist, Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library

University of Virginia

President’s Commission on the University in the Age of Segregation

Affiliated faculty, John L. Nau III Center for Civil War History,

      University of Virginia College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences

Board of Directors, The Charlottesville Center for Culture and History:

      Home of the Albemarle Charlottesville Historical Society

Gettysburg Foundation Historians’ Council

Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation Board of Trustees (Commonwealth of Virginia)

IMDb (Internet Movie Database) “Ervin L. Jordan Jr.” (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4352386/)

Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia entry “Ervin L. Jordan, Jr.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervin_L._Jordan_Jr.