From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 20:08:09 -0500
Can anyone tell me about the bread Pocahontas might have escorted to
Jamestown. I know it was made from cornmeal and baked on a flat stone by the
fire. I wonder if it had any levening in it? Did it have to be kneaded? Did
it have to rise? Or was it sorta like tacos or tortillas? About how large
was it?

I assume it would have been loaded in a basket for the river trip to the
fort. Was it also wrapped in cloth or skins of some kind?

Thanks for any help.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert