From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:35:09 -0600
What's left of Ashby's Fort or what we now call Old Fort Ashby will
celebrate it's 250th anniversary this summer with a celebration at Fort
Ashby, WV. It is the last remaining structure of the 69 forts commissioned
to be built by Col. Washington to protect the Virginia frontier. It was used
as the barracks. The remainder of the Fort buildings are gone along with the
pallisade that encompassed the fort.
See our picture gallery at:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

Please send me an e-mail if anyone would like to be informed about the
celebration which is to include an encampment of French & Indian War
reinactors.

Thanks, John, for providing us with this article. We can use this
information at our presentation at the Old Fort.

Lonny J. Watro