From:
marsha moses <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:04:22 -0400
I am very interested in knowing if anyone on the list has ancestors
affected by the Kerr's Creek Massacre.  Or perhaps just additional
information about the incident.  I have spent a great deal of time
reading about the Indian's first two stops on this particular event.
Cornstalk's braves first massacred the people at Muddy Creek and then
the Clendenin group at Big Levels before moving east to Rockbridge
County where the Kerr's Creek massacre took place.  I have found a
researcher who descends from someone connected with the Muddy Creek
group.  I am interested in the Clendenins because I believe Archibald
Clendenin to have been a brother or cousin to my Clendenins.  I would
like to be more informed about the Kerr's Creek incident.  Marsha in WV