From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:45:39 -0500
There a number of parallels between the action of the south starting with
South Carolina, and the action of President Bush in pushing for this war.
I've seen supported statements that the war is unconstitutional (only
congress can declare war and the president did it instead), and illegal
(violations of treaties). As with the south, Bush rejected diplomatic
measures in his rush to do battle.

                                         Anne

At 12:53 PM 3/28/03 -0500, you wrote:
>      Is anyone else amused by the similarities between the issues raised in
>the media's coverage of the Iraq War and the similar issues raised during the
>Civil War, ie, generals complaining that they lack adequate troops, the press
>questioning the President's war plan,  the press questioning why the war is
>taking so long when it was anticipated (by some) that it would be over
>quickly, etc?
>
>JDS
>
>To subscribe, change options, or unsubscribe, please see the instructions
>at http://listlva.lib.va.us/archives/va-hist.html

Anne Pemberton

http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org