From:
Barbara Vines Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:35:15 -0500
A number of soldiers' deaths were actually reported in their home
county--you might want to check the Virginia Vital Statistics for his county
of residence and the county death records as well since the two do not
always cover the same time period or provide the same information. Have you
looked at his compiled service record and have you checked the regimental
series assuming that one has been written on his regiment?

Barbara Vines Little, CG
PO Box 1273
Orange, VA 22960
540-832-3473 (evenings)

CG and Certified Genealogist are service marks of the Board for
Certification of
Genealogists®, used under license by board-certified associates who meet
genealogical competency standards prescribed for those programs.