Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Maitland Westbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 00:30:03 -0800
I think you'll like these books, because 1. of who wrote "Forced into
Glory" and 2. They are highly documented.

As you may know, or 'discovered', I'm not a Licoln fan.  I don't think he
was a great president, just a great politician who was in the pockets of
big business, ie, the railroads he worked for for many years.

I read it all, caues I like to know what is out there and then shift it
through my own mind.  In Bennett's book, he also takes to task our
founding fathers, Lee, et al.

[Something must have gone wrong...I got big towels !! LOL  But, still,
there are many 'comforts' I do miss, but, I don't mind.  In doing my
genealogy, I found that one of my 15th or so grand parents are buried only
about 10 miles from where I'm living (I'm living in Blackpool, NW England,
about 45 miles north of Liverpool).]

Give Mr Bennett's book a look see; I think  you'll be surprised.  And the
Egar Lee Master's book was quiet an insight, as it was written in 1931 and
he had access to some people still (true, not many..).  A lot of info on
Lincoln's early years, his relationship with the rail road and even some
of his early court cases (one where he defended the right of a slaveholder
to keep his slave in ILL).

Maitland