Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 08:40:29 -0500
A small correction to Richard Dixon's note -- the Walker home was not
called "Castle Rock" but Castle Hill.  It's in private hands, about to be
sold (as I am told) and not open to visitors unless you have many millions
of dollars in your pocket for the down payment.

My wife, Donna Lucey, is at work on a book about Amelie Rives and her
husband, Archie Chanler.  Amelie inherited Castle Hill and lived there her
whole life.

I have always been struck by the similarity between the Tarleton/Castle
Hill story and the tale of Mrs. Murray and British officers in NY.
Supposedly Mrs. Murray delayed the Brits long enough for GW's men to make
an escape.

Henry Wiencek
Charlottesville