Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:04:19 EDT
I am looking for information on "Bunker Hill" located near Leedstown, Va.
(Richmond County). The hill is located near routes 625 (Horner's Hill Road)
and 640 (Grants Hill Church Road) about a mile or two from Leedstown. There
are no markers identifying the hill as "Bunker Hill", however, local
residents and the author of "Paynes of Virginia", Brooke Payne, refer to it
as "Bunker Hill". I believe the hill is now private property and it is the
location of the Payne Cemetery (John Payne of Old Rappahannock, Va died abt.
1690 family & descendants).

I am constructing a map to the Payne cemetery and have been told the site is
not "Bunker Hill". Would anyone know of this location and why it has been
called Bunker Hill?

Thank you,
Nancy Norman
Atlanta, GA.