Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:40:45 -0400
The Land Office and its archives were incorporated into the holdings of the Library of Virginia early in the 20th century.  See Daphne Gentry's guide to the papers of the Land Office or the introductions to the Library of Virginia's editions of volumes 1, 2, or 3 of Nell Marion Nugent's Cavaliers and Pioneers.  Nugent was the last "separate" Register (that was the title, not registrar) of the Land Office - legislation subsequently rolled the office into the responsibilities fo the State Librarian, who I think still, as a result, has a role in signing escheats.  The 1704 rent rolls have also been published, I believe, starting in old issues of VHMB but also in book form. You might try some title searches in the LVA on-line catalogue.
Jon Kukla
From:         Diana Bennett <[log in to unmask]>

--
Jon Kukla ....................... Executive Vice-President
1250 Red Hill Road ........ Patrick Henry Memorial Foundation