From:
"Harold S. Forsythe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:44:27 -0500
  My question remains unanswered.  Why this intense focus on Lincoln's faults?
Why do thinkers of a conservative bent lambaste Lincoln for using
power to prevent the Confederacy from surviving, but not Polk for
fabricating a war with Mexico, or even FDR from arresting an entire
racial/ethnic group as a war measure.
  I have arrived at the conclusion that Yojsouth will not engage this
question.